Square Dance Nebraska - Ideas
What To Do When Your Square Breaks Down
In 1986 Callerlab introduce a procedure for
"Lost Squares." It was approved with some small changes
in 1987 and reads as follows:
The following method of returning to dancing once a square has
broken down, shall be a uniform method to be taught to all
dancers for class programs through all approved Callerlab dance
- Return to home position as soon as possible.
- The head ladies will take their corner's hand and head
couples will back out to form lines at the sides of the
- On the caller's command "EVERYBODY go foward and
back", they enter into the dance pattern.
- Recognize that a number of sets have broken down and have
formed lines at the sides of the squares.
- Place the dancing squares into lines, in a normal
- Give the command "EVERYBODY go forward and
back" in a bold voice which is the command for the
broken squares to enter into the dance pattern.