TEN WAYS TO
1. Don't attend meetings.
KILL A SQUARE DANCE CLUB
2. If you do attend, come late.
3. When you attend, sit in the back and talk to the members next to you about the weather or fishing.
4. Never accept an office. It's much easier to criticize than to do something.
5. If the president asks for your opinion on a subject, just tell him/her you have nothing to say - and then after the meetings, while leaving, tell everyone how things should have been done.
6. Hold back your dues as long as you possibly can, so as to give the treasurer and/or secretary a bit of unnecessary work.
7. Start a whispering campaign about anything.
8. Never listen to announcements. This bucks up the speaker and enables them to make constant improvements.
9. Don't bother about getting new class/club members - let someone else do it. After all, there are plenty of others who have time for that sort of thing.
10. In short, do nothing more than is absolutely necessary - but when other members roll up their sleeves and do what needs doing, howl like mad about how the club is being run by the clique.